Every year, More than 170,000 students from foreign countries arrive to live and study in Canada. Both Canadian employers and Canadas immigration policies emphasize on education obtained in Canada. 



Changes for International Students – coming in June 2014

A number of new regulations for international students will come into force on June 1, 2014. The changes are intended to make the process easier for genuine students and to minimize abuse of the study permit program:


  • Applicants must enroll in and continue to pursue studies in Canada. Failure to do so could lead to removal from Canada.
  • Study permits will only be issued to successful applicants who are pursuing studies at an educational institution that has been designated to receive international students.
  • Study permits will automatically authorize holders to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks. There will be no need to apply for a separate work permit. The study permit holder must be pursuing academic, vocational or professional training of six months or more. Studies must lead to a degree, diploma or certificate at a designated institution.
  • Only international students who are studying at a secondary school or a designated institution may apply for a Co-Op Work Permit. The co-op placement must still be an integral part of their course of study.
  • Visitors may apply for a study permit from within Canada if they:
  1. Are at the pre-school, primary or secondary level;
  2. Are on academic exchange or are visiting students ; or
  3. Have completed a course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated learning institution
  • A study permit becomes invalid 90 days after completion of studies. To remain in Canada, the graduate must possess a valid work permit or other authorization.
  • Eligible international graduates will be authorized to work full-time while waiting to receive a decision on a Post-Graduate Work Permit application.
  • Registered Indians, who are also foreign nationals, may study in Canada without a study permit because they have the right of entry into Canada.



 •There are many different types of schools and institutions in  Canada. The education system in Canada includes both  public  and private schools including community colleges,  technical  institutes, career colleges, language schools,  secondary schools, universities and university colleges.

 •We assist prospective students seeking admission to  reputable Canadian educational institutions as well as assist  them in securing admission to Canadian schools.  These are  schools with academic curriculums which upon graduation can  enable the graduate student entry into a Canadian university.  For lots of students from  foreign jurisdictions who do not yet  possess sufficient English or French language skills to enter  Canadian universities, Canadian colleges are a good starting  option  for study in Canada. Even if you do not intend to  study at the university level in Canada, Canadian Colleges often provide the graduate student with excellent  credentials to enter the Canadian labour market. 

•In some cases, foreign nationals do not need a study permit to study in Canada. There are certain requirements for foreign students for applying for study  permits. Immigration officers look at many factors before deciding whether an applicant qualifies for a study permit. People wishing to study in Canada must: 

  • present a letter of acceptance from the educational institution where they intend to study; 
  • Demonstrate that they are able to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies; 
  • financially support themselves and any family members who are with them during their period of study; 
  • cover the transportation cost for themselves and any family members to and from Canada ; and 
  • Pass a CIC medical examination, if required. 

In addition, they must satisfy the officer that 

  • They are not inadmissible to Canada; and 
  • They will leave Canada at the end of the period that they are allowed to stay. 

Student Permit Renewals:

•Foreign students may renew their study permits. They can apply as early as 90 days before, but no later than 90 days after the permit expiry date. They also must have observed all the conditions of that permit and not be in breach of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

After graduation, many students choose to stay in Canada to live and work:

1. Many graduates are eligible to receive post-graduation work permits to facilitate their stay.

2. A post-graduation work permit may help facilitate an application for Canadian Permanent Residency, especially through either the Canadian Experience Class or Quebec Experience Class.